How to appeal:

You must file your appeal to the Board by April 30 following your appeal to the Property Assessment Review Panel.

There are three ways you can file your appeal:

  1. Electronically file through this website: Submit your appeal online

  2. Complete the assessment appeal form and send it to the Board via mail, fax, courier or personal delivery.

  3. Send your own letter of appeal to the Board via mail, fax, courier or personal delivery. Provide the same information as requested on the assessment appeal form.

Online Appeal Form

Deadline for filing an appeal is April 30:

  • If you are submitting your appeal on-line or are emailing or faxing it, you must complete and deliver the appeal to the Board by 12:00 midnight, April 30.

  • If you are mailing your appeal form or letter:
    it must be postmarked by Canada Post no later than April 30. If you are mailing your appeal close to the deadline, to be safe, we recommend you go into a Canada Post Office and request they postmark the envelope while you are there.

  • If you are couriering or delivering it personally: the appeal must be received at the Board's office no later than 4:30 p.m. April 30. (This is because you will not be able to access the office after normal business hours.)

Payment of Appeal Fees:

You must pay an appeal fee of $30.00 for each assessment roll when you submit your appeal. If you submit your appeal on-line through this website, you can pay by Credit Card or mail a cheque. For all other options, you must mail a cheque to the Board. Make your cheque payable to the "Minister of Finance".

More Information:

For more details see the Information Sheet: How to File a Property Assessment Appeal

Residential On-line Dispute Resolution:

If you are appealing a residential property you can use On-line Dispute Resolution:

  • Chat room discussion during any hours
  • On-line assistance to reach agreement
  • If not resolved, full rights to a decision

If interested, complete the on-line appeal form where we will invite you to participate. You can also contact the board to express your interest.

Online Appeal Form